In the event of an accident
Should you have been involved in an accident or your rental vehicle stolen you are advised to follow the following steps:
Provided that you and your passengers have not been seriously injured –
(1) Do not make any admission of guilt.
(2) Note down all particulars and contact details of other parties and witnesses.
(3) Inform Airport Car Hire of the incident as soon as possible. Should the vehicle require towing Airport Car Hire will make the necessary arrangements and inform you accordingly.
(4) Complete the vehicle incident form in the back of the information booklet in the glove compartment. If possible take pictures of the scene (you may use your mobile device for this purpose).
(5) Report the incident to the South African Police Service (SAPS) station closest to accident scene within 24 hours. A case docket will be opened. It is important to write the case number down and to provide this to Airport Car Hire.